Gustav is a tall, dark brown owl with red highlights. His Spirit Flower is positioned in the center of his chest.
In life, Gustav was an event organizer. He is somewhat snooty.
He considers Stella his assistant as he begins to organize the exhibition.
As Stella travelled through Japan as a young adult, emancipated and in control of her life for the first time, she met Gustav. A spectacular German art curator, Gustav had a brilliant career that lead him to travel the world, curating exhibitions for a multitude of museums and galleries. His extensive knowledge of art, history, and architecture sometimes makes him come across as a smug intellectual.
At a relatively young age, Gustav developed multiple sclerosis. His condition physically paralyzed him, but left him with a clear mind. He continued working as much as he could, but his condition stifled his career, soured his mood, and forced his mind towards more contemplative subjects.
It can be assumed that this disease was what ultimately killed Gustav.
- Enjoyed listening to Atul's flute. (+3)
- Has eaten his favourite meal. (+2)
- Is hungry. (-2)
- Has a nice house. (+2)
- Was recently hugged. (+2)
- Feels bullied by Mickey. (-1)
- Five Views of Mount Furogawa: "Some person in Furogawa has enthusiastically asked for my help in completing a collection of traditional woodprints. I didn't recognize them, but they seemed to know me very well."
- Taille dans l'Or Massif: "Gustav, upon joining the crew, commented on the "drabness" of the boat's prow. He would enjoy a figurehead very much."
- Upgrade the boat with a figurehead at Albert's Shipyard.
- The House of Bau: "What's a multipurpose area? And why does Gustav need one? This seems like a lot of work for one person! I do hope it will liven the mood on the boat."
- Build Gustav's gallery.
- The Master Forger: "Gustav suggested adding a Smithy to the boat, hinting that we might need it later."
- The Search for Erich Deskmann: "Gustav needs a desk in his office. He has heard of a master woodworker living in Oxbury, but couldn't get in touch with him. Perhaps his partner, working in a café there, could help us out?"
- Find the woodworker's partner in a cafe in Oxbury.
- Find the woodworker in Ambertown Park.
- Bring a Surf 'n Turf to the woodworker. The worker can be haggled down by continuing to talk to him, and will ultimately settle for a Grilled Fish.
- The woodworker demands 450,000 Glim for the desk, "non-negotiable." Talking to his partner at the cafe in Oxbury reveals that the apartment next to hers is for sale. She will agree to take him back.
- Return to the woodworker in Ambertown Park and tell him what his partner said. He will provide the desk for free.
- Fully Loaded
- Improve Gustav's home with a desk.
- Improve Gustav's home with the Neoclassical Nording Fireplace. Requires 7 Slate, 1 Steel Sheet, 10 Zinc Ingot, 6 Marble, 1000 Glim
- Improve Gustav's home with the Maximinimalist clock. Requires 2 Marble, 4 Gold Ingot, 1 Crystal Glass Sheet, 1 Rose Gold Sheet, 1300 Glim
- Take Gustav to the everdoor
- Favourite dish: "Oh! My! Goodness!! I... I never would have thought it possible to sink my teeth in... In this EXTRAORDINARY delight again. Stella, you outdid yourself. Simple brilliant! Surstromming is not for the weak willed. Not for the faint-hearted. But for me, it definitely is! I could eat two buckets of it...
- Likes: "You know, some people just don't get it. Oh, don't get me started on taste... There are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. This is... exactly that. A taste so unique, so special... I don't even get why some people would call this an Acquired Taste. Neophytes, assuredly. This is wonderful, Skipper, thank you."
- Neutral: "Thank you Skipper, this is ... nourishing.
- "No. Nope. I'm sorry, Skipper, I won't eat anything fried. I might be vain, but I have standards."
- "Oh, darling. This is a kind-hearted try, but no, I cannot let myself be tempted. Eating anything sugary would be against my principles. I don't have many. But I have at least this one."
- Same item: "I've already had this recently. Do you have anything else?
- Not hungry: "I'm not hungry."
- "I'm sure you could find something nutritious for me."
- "The lack of food on the vessel is quite depressing."
- Giving valuables: I found something you might like, perhaps. Here's a gift from my collection. I hope you appreciate the value of such oddities."
- Made sushi: "I've made a delicacy. Have some sushi! Feed it to the others; they'll love it."
- "Well, good. Let's not make this a habit!"
- "I do not mind a caring moment now and then."
- "Good. Good."
- Second hug:
- "That is close enough!"
- "I'm afraid that will do."
- "I'm not in the mood."
At The Everdoor
|Potential spoilers ahead!|
- Gustav was based on the great-grandmother of one of the game's developers.
- Gustav quotes the film the Grand Budapest Hotel by using the line "There are still faint glimmers of civilization left in the barbaric slaughterhouse known as humanity." Stated by a character of the same name.
- Gustav tells a little about the history of the German school of arts, architecture and design Bauhaus when he meets Stella. His admiration for this school made him name his home Bau House.
- from the movie the Grand Budapest Hotel, stated by a character by the same name. The quote is "There are still faint glimmers of humanity left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was nceoknown as humanity." Spiritfarer - The Artbook
|Protagonists||Stella • Daffodil|
|Spirits||Gwen • Atul • Summer • Alice • Astrid • Giovanni • Gustav • Bruce & Mickey • Beverly • Stanley • Buck • Elena • Lily|
|Other||Albert • Alex • Charon • Francis • Hades • Irina • Masha • Olga • Susan • Theodore|