Giovanni fought in World War II in the Resistance, then carved for himself an ordinary life of trade and simple pleasures. Extremely careful with his appearance and his witty one liners, Giovanni always made sure to do everything in his power to charm everyone around him, even if it sometimes involved doing shady things just to win someone’s heart. Up until his death by heart attack, Giovanni stood by his “Carpe Diem” motto. He understood the pain he had caused Astrid, without being truly sorry about it.
- Enjoyed listening to Gustav's fiddle. (+3)
- Enjoyed listening to Atul's flute. (+3)
- Visited Gustav's Gallery. (+2)
- Is hungry. (-2)
- Was recently hugged. (+2)
- Feels queasy from eating glue. (-1)
- Has eaten a meal he likes. (+1)
- Feels bullied by Mickey. (-1)
- Depressed from Gustav's sorrowful music. (-3)
- Feels guilty for hurting loved ones. (-2) (from lying to Astrid about Giovanni's infidelity)
Notes on Perks
- "Flirts with passengers" applies a negative Perk on female passengers.
- "Gives you jewels" works by talking to Giovanni. This gives jewelry-related Tchotchke items, such as Necklaces. This does not give Gems.
- Welcome Aboard:
- Welcome your new pasenger
- Indiscreet Shopping: "Shopping? Really? He's definitely more romantic than I could have imagined!"
- Indiscreet Meeting: "Why do I always get babysitting duty? I guess I'll follow Giovanni around!"
- Head over to Oxbury.
- Follow Giovanni on the island.
- After this Request, talking to Astrid will result in a choice of telling the truth, or lying about Giovanni's actions. Lying will give the Influence "Feels guilty for hurting loved ones. (-2)" to Giovanni.
- A Place for Strangers: "A Lounge does sound nice. A calm place for the passengers. Maybe they'll stop asking me for things all the time.
- Build the Lounge.
- One Last Drink for the Road: "Giovanni needs a ride. I don't really feel like it, but he looks tired."
- Bring Giovanni to the Everdoor.
- Favorite dish
- "Bambina! You HAVE GOT to be kidding me! My FAVOURITE dish! Ever! Tangy, sweet, salty... You can't beat Beef Fondue. My momma used to make this for me after a night out! Still tastes like home... Mmmm..."
- "Yowza! Haha! That is one helluva kicker! I'm shaking! Stimulants all the way, bambina! Delicious and wakes you up for real!"
- "Ah HA! Now THIS is something special! Quite the fine dining experience, bambina! I, Giovanni Leone Formidabile, am a creature of refined taste, of exquisite complexity! And THIS... This hits the spot. Delicious! Grazie mille to the chef. Yes, I know it's you."
- "Who are you again?" (Household Glue)
- "Ha! Thank you, bambina! I was hungry like a lion! Thank you for this food! Haha, hungry like a lion. That was a good one. I'm hilarious!"
- "Eeeesh, sorry, bambina... That thing is chock full of carbs... I can't do carbs, honey. Hey, call me vain all you want. I gotta take good care of this body! How could my hair sparkle and guts resist gravity otherwise, eh? I can't eat stuff like this. It would go straight to my butt. And we don't want that, do we?"
- "Ooooh... How to say this, bambina... That's got Eggs in it, right? Yeah... Listen, I like the little chicks. They're so cute with their little beaks and fluffy tiny feathers! I don't mind eating chicken. It's meat, okay? Meat is fine. But Eggs? Never been an Egg kind of guy.
- Same item: "Look, bambina... I'm not picky. You know me, eh! But I've had EXACTLY that like what... a minute ago? Don't you have something different for good ol' Giovanni? Many thanks!"
- Inedible: "This is not edible.
- Not hungry: "Nah, thank you, I'm okay. Not hungry, not thirsty, not even bored. I'm alright."
- "Peanut, would you have a snack or something?"
- "I'm really hungry, you know. Don't you have food hidden away somewhere?"
- "Are you mad at me, Peanut? Have I done something to offend you? No? Good. FEED ME, THEN! Pretty please, bambina? I'm starving!"
- “Funny story: I just heard a terrible sound! So then I told myself: Oh, no! The engine is going to explode! But, no! That gigantic tremendous roaring sound was my stomach! Come on now, Peanut! I’m starving!
- Giving jewels: "Peanut! Look at these jewels! For you, bambina! No, no, no, no, no... No need to explain how. Shhhhh. Just take them. It's a gift."
- "That's the stuff. You sure know how to hug it out."
- "There you go. Feel better now!"
- "Wasn't that amazing?
- Second hug:
- "Nah! I'm fine already, Peanut."
- "Sorry, not now, bambina. Next time!"
- Sad: "Not feeling great today. I'm just going to chill here."
At The Everdoor
|Potential spoilers ahead!|
- Giovanni and Astrid were both based on the lives, personalities and stories of creative director Nicolas Guérin's grandparents.
- Giovanni appears in one of the images of Stella's memories shown in the Hades towers. He appears on his deathbed, with Astrid and Stella by his side.
- Giovanni doesn't give you an Obol when joining the ship. You receive it after completing his Indiscreet Shopping quest.
- Spiritfarer - The Artbook
|Protagonists||Stella • Daffodil|
|Spirits||Gwen • Atul • Summer • Alice • Astrid • Giovanni • Gustav • Bruce & Mickey • Beverly • Stanley • Buck • Elena • Jackie • Daria • Lily|
|Other||Albert • Alex • Charon • Francis • Hades • Irina • Masha • Olga • Susan • Theodore|