Upon completing these challenges, Stella is rewarded with 2 treasure maps which lead to important treasures of hers. Elena then instructs her to choose one of these to give up on.
In her lifestyle, Elena emphasizes on simplicity, ridding herself of unnecessary belongings and sentiments, as evidenced by her preference in food, lodging and her aversion towards hugs. She also expects the same behavior from those under her tutelage.
Ultimately, Elena's purpose is to help Stella accept the unfair reality of life, that not all achievements come with immediate reward, and that living necessarily comes with loss; and that it is through overcoming challenges that one becomes strong, to let go and move on.
In life, Elena was a teacher. She worked in a school that made sure everyone would pass. It was the kind of school that's main lesson was that "money can buy everything". She was never impressed by any student that had come through her classroom, no one was focused enough for her. They were distracted, talkative, doing anything but paying attention to what Elena would attempt to teach. In her mind, there is one memorable day from her life. A student had come back from a rowdy gym class; it was Elena's first year on the job and the student was fuming. She was told to "shape the mind" of the youths who came through the halls. Though she tried to control them, they were too rowdy and wouldn't sit still. That day she snapped and screamed at the student. It was the first time that they listened. Elena had told them truths that would only reveal themselves later in life, truths that only came after losing someone or something dear to you. She focused on talent and excellence, to never let herself lose her resolve again. Elena hadn't ever felt useful to the gifted students, nor did she like breaking the spirit of the weaker students. She disliked seeing them just struggle as she tried to teach them, because they didn't know why she challenged them. She says she challenged them due to the fact that they never listened, which to Elena, is the easiest thing. But it was her favourite thing, she knew that eventually these students would learn. They would learn through the hardships and know how to survive, how to be better and how to become leaders.
Elena was one of Stella's final patients. While the cause of her death is unknown, the diagnosis that lead to her palliative care was extremely fatal and progressed rapidly.
Elena states that she doesn't want any decorations and doesn't need any improvements to her house when first built. The inside of her house has a simple window, with a string light bulb hanging from the ceiling. She has a wooden bed with a yellow blanket and a white pillow. The only decoration she has in her house is a small wall-mounted bookshelf.
Despite her stating that she doesn't want any decorations, you can decorate her house. This does however give her a negative mood modifier for an opulently decorated house. The decorations are:
- Plant: a simple potted plant.
- Picture Frames: two frames that show scenes of nature.
- Abat-Jour: a simple shade over the bulb to help diffuse the light.
Elena hates being hugged and will gain a strong negative mood modifier if the player attempts to hug her.
- The Dog Whisperer: Someone is asking for my help.
- Missing Credentials: Elena says my skills aren't up to the task. She wants me to add another one to my arsenal.
- Elena's Dharma: Elena has a long list of things for you to do: fight a gold dragon, conquer the deadly pulsar rays, and survive a severe thunderstorm. What a challenge!
- Four Walls & A Roof: Her description of her house sounds... depressing.
- On the Sea of Tranquility: This lesson seems easy. No talking, just sailing towards the Everdoor... Easy might not be the right word here.
- Postscripta: Elena has a few last words for you.
- Favourite dish: "Very good. There's nothing like a GREEN SALAD. That's all you need."
- Likes: "This is good. That is HEALTHY."
- Neutral: "Thank you for the meal."
- "No, thank you. I'm not accustomed to this FINE DINING. I need something simple."
- "FRIED dishes make you sluggish. It makes you lose your focus."
- "Please. No meat!! Ever."
- Same item: "Isn't this the same as last time. You must have something else?"
- Inedible: "This is not considered food, per se."
- Not hungry: "I'm currently not that hungry."
- Starving: "I. Need. Food."
- Upon passing Gold Dragon: "You are showing promise. ... What are you waiting for? Go on now, Student."
- Upon failing Gold Dragon: "You have disappointed me. You are being timed. You must vanquish this creature in record time! You cannot do a simple task. You need to try again. Faster this time."
- Upon passing Deadly Pulsar Rays: "I can see you are sweating a bit. Good. These challenges are supposed to be difficult! You have earned a carrot. Not a literal carrot, but a reward. Here it is. It is in the form of a challenge, however. I have nothing more to say to you. Feedback over."
- Upon failing Deadly Pulsar Rays: "How pitiful. You didn't catch nearly enough. You need to double down your efforts. You cannot accomplish an easy request. You have failed this task. Take a moment and try again later."
- Upon passing Severe Thunderstorm: "Not bad. I wouldn't put it on a leaderboard or you on a podium. But, you've got some talent. This should be a good reward for you. I don't have anything else. Scram."
- Upon failing Severe Thunderstorm: "What a piss poor lack of talent. This makes me sick. You have to catch thoses lightning bolts. You need to catch more. Be better next time."
At The Everdoor
|Potential spoilers ahead!|
|Protagonists||Stella • Daffodil|
|Spirits||Gwen • Atul • Summer • Alice • Astrid • Giovanni • Gustav • Bruce & Mickey • Beverly • Stanley • Buck • Elena • Jackie • Daria • Lily|
|Other||Albert • Alex • Charon • Francis • Hades • Irina • Masha • Olga • Susan • Theodore|
- Spiritfarer - The Artbook