Bruce (the humming bird) does all the talking throughout the Journey. He speaks in a more tough manner, and will reminisce about their previous lavish life which eventually leads into them requesting a mansion (Bruce and Mickey's Crib) to be built.
Bruce and Mickey are two very odd patients most likely from just outside of Boston that Stella encounters during her senior year as an end-of-life care nurse. Mickey, an imposing and intimidating behemoth of a man, ends up in a coma after his drunk-driving leads to a car accident. His brother Bruce never leaves his side, accompanying him in the most extreme, dangerous, and illegal activities. The two of them are inseparable and, at Mickey’s arrival in Stella’s care, become a staple of the ward for many months.
Bruce always talks “on behalf” of his brother, in denial that Mickey simply is not there anymore. Incapable of coming to terms with the fact that his brother, while technically alive, is not coming back, Bruce makes outlandish requests and angry comments while aboard the ship, showing his pain.
- Enjoyed listening to Atul's flute. (+3)
- Has a nice house. (+2)
- Has eaten his favorite meal. (+2)
- Bullying for Beginners: ""
- Intimidate the worker.
- Talk to the tough denizens.
- Welcome Aboard: "Looks like someone wants to come aboard."
- Welcome your new passenger.
- The Rhythm of the Night: "A light show at sea? This I got to see!"
- Find the pulsar rays.
- Smash! Smash!: "All this noise and violence can't be good for them! I suppose having a crusher might calm them down."
- Build a crusher.
- Talk to Bruce and Mickey.
- Use crusher.
- Mini Palace: "They say they want a palace to live in, but this feels a little bit too much."
- Build Bruce & Mickey's Crib.
- Talk to Bruce & Mickey.
- Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous: "So now it's come out! They want me to make it more grandiose."
- Improve their house by adding something big. Requires 2 x Clear Glass Sheet, 2 x Marble, 2 x Brass Sheet,
- Improve their house by adding something flashy. Requires 2 x Bronze Sheet, 5 x Iron Ingot, 2 X Crystal Glass Sheet, 490 Glim
- Improve their house by adding something loud. Requires 2 x Clear Glass Sheet, 2 x Silver Ingot, 12 x Silk Fabric, 710 Glim
- A Taste of Home: "Bruce & Mickey need me to make them food. I hope I don't screw up their order."
- Camping in a Cadillac: "The world isn't big enough for these two. They want to go on vacation with me now."
- Visit Greymist Peaks.
- Talk to Bruce and Mickey.
- Mask Off: "One big job! One big score! What are these boys planning on my ship?"
- Brothers Until the End: "Bruce doesn't seem too happy with my work. I guess it's time for him to chew me out or leave."
- Bring Bruce & Mickey to the Everdoor.
- Favorite dish: "Okay, okay. A little bit of Garlic Bread. Let me get reacquainted with my favorite food. Don't mind if I do."
- Likes: "Now we're talking! That's some good chow, Scout! Pub food is the best when you get the munchies. Mickey here is psyched.
- "Hey, so let me tell you something. This shit is just too simple! One damn ingredient? Who do you think we are? Dumb peasants? Goddamn low-lives? My brother here has standards! We won't accept this crap."
- "What? What do you think you're doing, Kid? My brother here is allergic to this Crayfish junk! Never give us that crap again!"
- Not hungry: "I'm good. You keep it."
- Hungry: "I don't beg for food. Just keep that in mind."
- "What are you doing all day? This operation needs a dedicated cook."
- "What's this I hear about a kitchen on board?"
- Hugging: "Alright, alright. Don't tell anyone."
- Second hug:
- "The big guy is good."
- "Don't you have better things to do?
- "Mickey wants decorations for our new place. This will cost you big money."
At the Everdoor
|Potential spoilers ahead!|
- To Stella, Bruce and Mickey represent the strength of the fraternal bond, as well as how demanding and difficult patients can sometimes be.
- Bruce and Mickey unfortunately have a negative effect on other passengers due to bullying
- If Giovanni is still within the boat, it may be further detrimental to Beverly since she is the only passenger to be affected by the effects. (assuming Stella has already released Alice, Gwen and Summer)
- A workaround here is to refuse to feed them and the bullying will gradually go away.
- However take note on the ff:
- Their mood can be boosted up sometimes if they hear Atul or Gustav play their instruments
- Improving their house will put them in a permanent mood boost and will be mandatory to advance their quests
- Spiritfarer - The Artbook
|Protagonists||Stella • Daffodil|
|Spirits||Gwen • Atul • Summer • Alice • Astrid • Giovanni • Gustav • Bruce & Mickey • Beverly • Stanley • Buck • Elena • Jackie • Daria • Lily|
|Other||Albert • Alex • Charon • Francis • Hades • Irina • Masha • Olga • Susan • Theodore|